Every Bosconian is perceived as a person endowed with a unique character and personality which must be moulded and perfected.
The College with its various curricular activities help the student to achieve this goal and the student is expected to render his/her full cooperation in this endeavour. He/she is expected to uphold the values and ideals of the institution always. In particular:
- He / She Should apply himself/herself to regular and systematic study.
- He / She is expected to be truthful in his/her words and deeds, courteous and respectful towards fellows student, teachers and those in authority.
- His / Her life should be marked out by purity of life, quest for excellence, love and hard work, spirit of unselfish service, and devotion to God and one’s country.
- The task of education necessarily calls for structures, which are essential for maintaining discipline in the individual’s life as well as in the campus.
- Discipline must be seen as part of educational process and not perceived as something negative. It helps the students to develop self-discipline, Which is absolutely essential for a successful life.
Therefore, Don Bosco College requires from all its students that they adhere completely to all the rules and regulations of the College, which are intended to the benefit of the individual student as well as the institution.
By Taking admission in the College every student agrees to abide totally by the following rules and regulations and any other rules that may be framed in the future for the effective fulfillment of the mission and objectives of the College:
1. Students must be present on the re-opening day after every vacation and on the last day before every vacation, major or minor. Those who fail to do so shall pay a fine.
2. Students may not leave the College campus during lecture hours without the permission of the Principal/Vice Principals. When such leave is granted a leave-slip will be issued to the student. Students are required to present the leave slip to the College office before leaving the College.
3. Students are forbidden to attend or organize any meeting in the College without the express permission of the Principal.
4. Students are not allowed to collect money or raise funds for any purpose in the name of the College without the express permission of the Principal. Students are not allowed to address any authority as a body. Such combined action is subversive of good order. Student may not address public meetings, take part in the inter-College Competitions, participate in live/Photographic Modeling. Fashion Shows, Stage shows, Talk Shows or Television Program using the name of the College or in the name of the College without prior permission from the Principal.
5. No matter for publication in Newspapers, Magazines, or Journals other than that published by the College may be submitted in the name of the College by students without the permission of the Principal.
6. Possession and use of addictive substances like, tobacco, supari, pan, etc. is completely forbidden on the College campus. Students who violate this rule will invite a fine, suspension and even expulsion.
7. English is the common language in the College campus. Use of other languages in the campus will invite a fine.
8. Ragging of any kind and magnitude inside/outside the college campus will lead to immediate dismissal from the college.
9. Any noisy celebrations on the last day of class inside or outside the class room are strictly forbidden. On no account shall any one go to other classes or disturb students or Teachers.
10. Harassment of female students of any kind and magnitude will lead to immediate dismissal from the College.
11. Causing damage to College/public property shall lead to fines, suspension or dismissal from the College.
12. All extra-curricular activities of the College will be held on Saturdays. Students are expected to take part in them without fail.
13. Students must have all the required text books within two weeks following admission to the College.
14. Student should be ready to undergo medical test by a Doctor, as and when directed by the Principal.
15. The decision of the Principal shall be final in all the matters of discipline and enforcement of rules. Students are admitted on the clear understanding that they will observe the rules of the college and accept the authority of the Principal / Vice-Principals.
16. The College will not allow any fashion and fashionable hair style both for boys and girls Use of mobile phones by students in the campus is prohibited. Once phones have been taken away they will not be returned.
17. The institution offer PCO facility for the benefit of the students. Use of mobile phones by students in the campus is prohibited. Once phones have been taken away they will not be returned.
18. They are expected to be courteous and considerate towards others and maintain a high standard of personal behavior.
19. No misdemeanor or indiscipline will be tolerated. Erring students will be punished with fine / suspension / or any other suitable penalty.