A Brief History of the College
The genesis of Don Bosco College, Maram can be traced back to two decades, when the Salesian Province of Dimapur decided to a daring initiative to found a college. But the social situation and the killing of the Principal of Don Bosco Higher Secondary School at Maram delayed the whole process.
- 1997 Nov 18: Laying the Foundation for the College at the present campus. This was found broken down the next day after the death of Fr. NV Jose. The stone was placed in the new building site.
- Nov 22: Death of Fr. Jose Nedumattathil SDB, the Principal of Don Bosco Higher Secondary School, Maram.
YEAR 1999 – 2000
- 1999 Nov 22: The First Governing Body Meeting of the College.
- Dec 17: Application for the starting of the College submitted to the Director of Higher Education.
- Dec 22: The state level team comes for the inspection of the College.
- Jan 24: Fr. Jose Palely is appointed as the first Principal
- Feb 14: The establishment of the College and the College is registered as a society.
- Apr 12: Inspection of the College by the University Team
YEAR 2000 – 01
- July 23: The College is blessed by Rt. Rev. Joseph Mittathany, Archbishop of Imphal and inaugurated by Shri L Chandramani Singh, Deputy Chief Minister, Manipur.
- July 24: The first day of the College Sr. Kaini Martha FMA is appointed as the first Vice-Principal
BA English, History, Political Science, Sociology begun.
College girls and lady lecturers began to stay at Auxilium Convent.The visit of Fr. Karl Oeder whose visit transformed the College
- Dec 20: Visit from the University Team for the up gradation of the College from BA I year to BA II year.
- Feb17: Blessing of the foundation stone of the Boys’ Hostel by Rev. Fr. Mathew C Paul SDB
- May 07: The University Team arrives for inspection led by Prof. Mohindro, Prof. GP Prasain and Prof. Ibo Singh.
- Jun 01: IGNOU Courses started in the College with Fr. Joseph Chittissery SDB as the first Coordinator.
YEAR 2001 – 02
- July 01: BCom started.
- July 13: FCC Sisters arrived in Maram and began to stay at the present office of the Vice Principal.
- Sep 12: Sr. Wilma D’Souza FMA, Councilor, Rome visits the College
- 2002 Mar 12: Disaster Management Workshop: Shri R K Ranjan, Registrar, MU; Dr. Arun Kumar; Shri Laksman were present for the programme
- April 10: Assisi Hostel for girls is inaugurated by Rev. Sr. Aloshia, the then Provincial of St. Clare’s Province of Imphal and blessed by Rev. Fr. John Med SDB.
- May 21: Arts and Commerce sections of the Hr. Sec. was shifted to the College campus.
- May 25: University Inspection Team led by Smt. Bimola for the affiliation to the MU, upgradation to BA 3 year, to Commerce 2 year and the honours.
- May 30: Fr. C M Joseph, Rector, laid the foundation stone of the extension of the building of the College.
YEAR 2002 – 03
- Dec 14: The first batch of 36 students leave the College for Arunachal Pradesh for Christmas village experience
- Jan 07: Mr. Z. Patnail, the Vice President of the Baptist World Association visits the College.
- Feb 03: A one day seminar cum workshop on “Problem of Higher Education in Senapati” is organised in the College.
- Mar 08: A seminar on Cloning is organised in the College.
- May 01: Salesian Regional Superior, Fr. Joachim D’Souza SDB, visits the College.
- May 29: The state Hr. Education Commission visits the College with Dr. Sudha Rao as the Chairperson.
- Jun 22: Good Will visit from the Manipur University.
YEAR 2003 – 04
- July 10: VSAT is installed in the College.
- Sep 12: Dr. N Bijoy Singh, Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, visits the College.
- Sep 18: Brig J. Kochekkan visits the College on the occasion of Annual College Week.
- Oct 18: A one day seminar cum workshop on Economic Blockade in Manipur is organised. Dr. M Nara, Minister for Art and Culture was the chief guest.
- Dec 17: Gospel Peace Concert is organised in different places.
- Jun 01: Arrival of SMMI congregation to College Campus
- Jun 04: SMMI Sisters begin to stay at HRC.
YEAR 2004 – 05
- Dec 07: The College bids farewell to Sr. Kaini Martha FMA, the Vice Principal.
- Jan 11: Sr. Mary Vazhakalayil FMA succeeds as the Vice Principal
- Feb 02: The College receives permanent affiliation to Manipur University, Manipur.
- Mar 01: Visit of German friends: Dr. Heinrich Josef Lütke, Mr. Hans Jürgen Dörrich, Mr. Helmut Markel and Ms. Gerda Luise Elsabeth Weber.
: Inauguration of the Non-Formal Centre in cooperation and partnership with Don Bosco Jugend Dritte Welt, Bonn/Germany and the German Ministry for Development (BMZ).
: Inauguration of the Human Resource Centre and Computer Centre by Mr. Hans Jürgen Dörrick.
- Mar 02: Visit of FCC Mother General Sr. Celia and her council members.
- Mar 05: Blessing of the foundation stone of SMMI convent and College girls’ hostel by Rev. Fr. Mathew Tharakan and Rev. Fr. Jose Palely.
- April 12: Visit of German friends: Bro. Jean Paul Muller, Ms. Margaret Vogt and Mr. Kossack.
- May 24: Rev. Fr. Jose Palely is appointed, the First Rector of the College
YEAR 2005 – 06
- Aug 31: College is recognised by University Grant Commission and granted 2(f) status.
- Sept 23: Shri Jarnail Singh, Chief Secretary, Govt. of Manipur visits the College
- Oct 05: Inauguration and blessing of SMMI convent by Most. Rev. Joseph Mittathany, Archbishop of Imphal.
- 2006 Jan 28: State Inspection for Grant of Concurrence to Don Bosco College, Maram for starting Science Stream Subjects
YEAR 2006 – 07
- July: BSc. Botany, Chemistry, Zoology, Physics and BA Education, Mathematics, Computer Science is introduced in the College.
- Aug 01: Sr. Mary Vazhakalayil FMA is succeeded by Sr. Kazhiia Rose Mary as the Vice Principal of the College.
- Sep 01: A mega opera “The Miracle Man” is staged by the students.
- Sep 04: Dr. SS Sidhu, Governor of Manipur, visits the College.
- Oct 01: German benefactors visit the College.
- Nov 06: Chief Minister Shri. O’Ibobi Singh, visits the College.
- Nov 31: Rev. Fr. Carlo Garudo SDB, in charge of Higher Education in Salesian Congregation visits the College.
- 2007 May 25: The first Administrator of the College, Bro. James Orappankal passes away.
YEAR 2007 – 08
- Sep 27: National Seminar on “Sociological Impact of Migration on North East India” is conducted.
- Nov 30: The first meeting of Don Bosco Alumni was organized in the College.
- Jan 22: Shri. Mani Charanamai, MP visits the College.
- Feb 04: Inauguration of Alumni Unit at College. : Mr. Rajesh Gupta, President of Don Bosco Alumni, visits the College.
YEAR 2008 – 09
- July 01: BA Economics and Education are introduced.
- April 22: Seminar on “Historical, Political and Economic Perspective of Conflict” conducted in the College.
- Oct 21: Rev. Fr. Clement Vaclav SDB, mission superior of the Salesians visits the College.
- Dec 02: Shri. Mani Shankar Aiyer, honourable minister, visits the College.
- Dec 03: Karma Riders from Germany reaches the College on their way to Imphal.
- Feb 20: Language Lab is inaugurated.
- Mar 30: Visit of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- May 24: Fr. Jose Palely, the first Principal is transferred and Fr. Benny Karinattu SDB succeeds him as Principal of Don Bosco College, Maram: Rev. Fr. P O Sebastian is appointed as the Rector of the College.
- Jun 09: The Carmelite Sisters of Charity of Vedruna (CCV) starts to stay at Maram
YEAR 2009 – 10
- July 01: BCA is introduced in the College.
- July 16: College is accredited with “B” by NAAC.
- Oct 27: Board Meeting of Xavier Board of Higher Education in India was held in DBCMaram. A number of prominent principals of well known Colleges across the country visited the College.
- Oct 29: A musical evening was presented to over 10000 people by internationally famous troupe – Rex Band
- Feb 22: Cardinal His Eminence Telesfore Toppo visits the College
- Mar 19: Divine TV comes to the College
YEAR 2010 – 11
- Aug 09: College Canteen is inaugurated
- Sep 07: Volunteers of Don Bosco (VDB) from Europe visits the College
- Sep 12: The road from the high way to the College was named after Dr. Heinz a benefactor of the College.
- Oct 22: Automation of the College is introduced.
- Nov 20: The Department of English Stages Othello
- Dec 28: Students accompanied by their animators participates in Jesus Youth Jubilee held at Rajagiri, in Kochi.
- Mar 15: Dr. Martin Kasper, the founder of Child aid Network of Germany visits the College
- May 02: Don Bosco’s Relic arrives in the College : The first publication of the College, Historical and Sociological Aspects of Migration in Northeast India is released by Fr. Nestore Guria, the Vice Provincial of Dimapur Salesian Province.
- May 13: RM Education conducts Campus Interview at the College
- May 24: Emirate Printing Press, a foreign company, conducts Campus Interview at the College
YEAR 2013 – 14
- Aug 26: The inauguration and blessing of the new library hall and BCA classrooms by Fr. James Poonthuruthil SDB,
- Dec 13: Dr.Hamom Nabachandra Singh Chiarmam, COHSEM and his team visited the College for CCE
- Feb 21: Mr. Sarangajit Khundrakpam,Secretary,COHSEM and his team inspected the Hr.Sec.Examination of the College
- Feb 28: Audio Album was released by the department of Sociology.
- Mar 13: 1st Maram Times News Paper released.
- Apr 15: Audio Video- Album of the college “Angel of peace” was released.
- June 3: Fr. Paul Maippan, appointed as the warden DBC Boys Hostel
YEAR 2014 – 15
- Apr 28: Political Science Department Organized a one day seminar on ‘India’s look – East policy and North East India.
- Aug 8: Smt.Jacintha Lazarus, IAS Deputy commissioner, Senapati visited the college on the occasion of the felicitation of the Rank Holders.
- Aug 11: Rev. Fr.Guillermo Basanis Mission Superior Salesians of Don Bosco Rome and Rev Fr. Nestor Guria Provincial of Dimapur Province visited the college andInugurated the Bicentenary of Don Bosco’s Birth and (Blessing of the Becchi Wing.)
- Sep 22:The Regional Superior Sr.Sneha Jose Of SMMI, North East Region, Visited the college.
- Oct 13: The Department of Sociology Organized a One Day Seminar on “Unemployed youth in Manipur” and Mr. Colonel S.Pandey the 35th Assam Rifles, Maram came as a Chief Guest.
- Oct 20: A two days National Seminar cum workshop on “Myth and Oral traditions as sources for reconstructing History”, is organised in the college by the department of History.
- Registrar of MU Prof.N.Lokendra visited the college.
- Oct 28: Mrs. Angeli George lecturer in St Josephs College Allephy Eng Dept.visited the college for three days exchange programme.
- Nov 11: Mr.Helmet Markel,Chairman, Society for self help from Germany visited the College.
- Dec 20 : Principal Submits NAAC report
- Jan 22: The Department of Economic organized a two days National Seminar on “Economic Development and its multi dimensional aspects”.
- Mar 12: Fr. Fabiao Attard councilor for youth ministry, Rome visited the college.
- Apr 10: First Ever Film fest held in the College screening of five films.
- May 7: National Conference in Indian Foregin Policy : Issues, Challenges and prospects on India – China relation- The emerging trends by the Dept. of political Science.
YEAR 2018 – 19
MONTH OF APRIL 2019
- 16th April ’19 – Department of Sociology and English organised a cultural fest ‘Culfusion’ with exhibition, dance, song, food and other cultural related programmes.
- 13th April ’19 – One day Faculty Enrichment Programme on Quality Enhancement and 3rd Cycle NAAC Accreditation.
- 11th April ’19 – Manipur First Phase of Parliament Election. College was remain closed.
- 8th April ’19 – Faculty wishing Fr. Roy (Asst. Professor & IQAC Coordinator) on his Birthday
- – Department of Biotechnology one day seminar by Mr. Prakash from Vivekanda College, Tamilnadu.
- 6th April ’19 – All the clubs and association incharges had a meeting with principal
- 04th April ’19 – HoD’s Meeting with Principal on different academic initiates.
- 01st April ’19 – NSS organised April Cools day on giving awareness on environment and tree plantation.
MONTH OF MARCH 2019
- 25th to 29th Mar ’19- Orientation visit to Dimapur by the Department of BSW.
- 26th Mar ’19 – Second Mock Test conducted in preparation for Competition Exam.
- 25th Mar ’19 – Birthday celebration of the Principal
- 22nd to 26th Mar ’19 – Department of Biotechnology five students and a faculty attended the National Conference and conducted Work shop at Namakkal District, Tamilnadu.
- 19th Mar ’19 – Sad news of death of Khumukcham Arbinda (17BCA07) the fourth Semester student. May his souls rest in peace.
- 18th Mar ’19 – Last Exam of Mid term.
- 11th Mar ’19 – Mid term Exam Begin for all the semester.
- -PG Class Commenced after the Examination.
- 08th Mar ’19 – Observance of International Women day by the women cell. Women Football Match finals.
MONTH OF FEBURARY 2019
- 28th Feb ’19 – Observance of National Science Day by the department of Science.
- 25th & 26th Feb ’19 – ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar conducted by Department of Political Science.
- 20th Feb ’19 – Cash prize was given to those got first three marks in Mock Test and seven consolation prizes
- 19th Feb ’19 – Literacy Club gave away the prices for the Slogan and Pictorial competition
- 18th Feb ’19 – Certificates were given for those took part in District and state level Youth Parliament.
- 15th & 16th Feb ’19- NAAC Sponsored two days National Seminar on ‘A performance indicator in Teaching Learning in Higher Education’ organised by IQAC of the college.
- 14th Feb ’19 – One day Faculty animation by Dr. Fr. Thaddeus on Outcome based Education.
- 13th Feb ’19 – Slogan and Pictorial Competition was held. It was organised by Literacy Club
- 12th Feb ’19 – Mock Test in preparation for Competitive Exams
- 9th Feb ’19 – Staff Picnic
MONTH OF JANUARY 2019
- 31st Jan ’19 – Reunion of Past Pupils and Foundation day
- 29th Jan ’19 – Live show Telecast of PM to the students.
- 28th Jan ’19 – Last Exam for the 3rd Semester Students. Application for CCC started to issue.
- 27th Jan ’19 – IAS Talent Hunt Exam by ALS.
- 26th Jan ’19 – Republic Day Celebration.
- 24th Jan ’19 – Guest Lecture Programme for Science Department on ‘Plant Biotechnology’.
- 21st Jan ’19 – One day Guest Lecture Programme on Foldscope as a tool for Harmful Algal Identification. Sponsored by ‘DBT, Ministry of Science & Technology, New Delhi.
- Short Interactive Session for the Faculty with the Principal of Maharaj’s College, Kerala.
- 19th Jan ’19 – One Day Workshop for the Ten NAAC Mentee Colleges around Maram area.
- 08th Jan ’19 – College Reopens after Christmas Holiday.
- – Inauguration of the New Semester
- 07th Jan ’19 – Staff Meeting before we start the new semester.
- 04th Jan ’19 – Exam Began for 3rd Semester Students.
MONTH OF DECEMBER 2018
- 22nd Dec ’18 – College Closed for Christmas Holidays.
- 06th Dec ’18 – University Exam Began for 1st and 5th Semester Students.
- Internal Academic Audit continued.
- 05th Dec ’18 – Internal Academic Administrative Audit (AAA) Began for all the departments.
MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2018
- 23rd Nov ’18 – Announcement of Result of Selection Exam.
- 15th Nov ’18 – Selection exam for first and fifth semester students Began.
- 14th Nov ’18 – Started issuing application for MA English
- 13th Nov ’18 – MA English program 2018 – 19 has been approved by Manipur University
(Ref. No MU/CDC/2016/10)
- 12th Nov ’18 – Computer Exam for all
- 08th Nov ’18 – Re Inspection team from MU for Post graduation in English
- 05th Nov ’18 – Ethics & Religion Exam for first and Fifth Semester Students.
- 03rd Nov ’18 – Vocation Camp for the students on the theme Come, Follow me.
- – NSS Organised Eye camp in collaboration with Family Eye care, Senapati.
- 02nd Nov ’18 – All Souls day Prayer service at 2. 15 pm in memory of all the deceased Salesians, Staff’s and students.
MONTH OF OCOTBER 2018
- 31st Oct ’18 – Visit of Fr. Nazarius Lakra, Vice Provincial (Province of Dimapur).
- – Conclusion of the month of Rosary. Jesus Youth organised a car procession for all those interested students after the class.
- 29th – 30th Oct ’18 – Twinning Programme with Municipal Higher Secondary School, Chennai of Government Human resource commission by the department of Biotechnology.
- 29th Oct ’18 – A short Orientation Program for the staff on the theme ‘Curriculum Transaction’ by Dr. Judy, Subraji College Mumbai.
- 26th & 27th – Dr. Behera, Dean of Patkai College Dimapur came to give orientation for all the HoD’s, Faculty and for different committees.
- 27th Oct – Faculty Orientation on Academic and Administrative Audit.
- 26th Oct ’18 – One Act play by Department of English on the title ‘Sunday Costs Five Pesos’ (A Mexican Comedy Show)
- 25th & 26th Oct ’18- Guest Lecture Programme on ‘Science at a Glimpse’, by the Departments of Science.
- 24th Oct ’18 – Assembly Animation by Biotechnology 3rd Semester
- 21st Oct ’18 – Nature Club Awareness Programme in the village at Willong.
- 20th Oct ’18 – Inter State Debate Competition (Manipur, Nagaland) in collaboration with Debating society of Senapati.
- 19th Oct ’18 – Children Parliament by the Department of Social work.
- 17th Oct ’18 – Admission for MA Sociology started.
- 16th Oct ’18 – Music Club gave a music programme after the college hours on the old assembly stage.
- 15th Oct ’18 – Jesus Youth started the praying of Rosary as this month dedicated to Holy Rosary.
- 14th Oct ’18 – Fr. Peter Bianchi Memorial Volley Ball Trophy at Mao organised by DBHSS Alumni. Boys and Girls team took part and won the both the tropies.
- 12th Oct ’18 – PG Course MA Sociology was approved by the Manipur University
- – One day Health Awareness programme by NSS. The Resource person is from Gujarat.
- 10th Oct ’18 – Assembly animated by BA 3sem B section on the team ‘Fear’.
- 08th Oct’18 – Mr. Brigadier S.K. Sharma, DIG (Imphal) came to college and addressed the student around 2.15 pm in the evening. It was a informal visit. He gave very good speech which brought fire in young hearts.
- 03rd – 05th Oct ’18 – Spiritual Convention on the theme ‘Youth+Family+Society = Stay Connected. The preachers are Fr.Mayank and Fr. Christopher from the Salesian province of Mumbai.
- 02nd Oct ’18 – National Award received by Mr. Dickho Dominic (NSS) and his team for the summer Internship Programme.
- Social work and cleanliness drive by all the college students Department wise on 150th Birth of Gandhiji.
- 01st Oct – Prayer Service of the student Mr. Pavei Khainii (B.Sc First Year) who drowned in the river while fishing. May his soul Rest.
MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2018
- 29th Sept ’18 – Felicitation cum valedictory function of College Week. The chief guest was Former Minister of Manipur Mr.Francis Nagjokpa
- 26th Sept – 01st Oct – National Twinning programme on the use of the Foldscope as a research and education tool at Puduchery and Tamilnadu by the Department of Biotechnology.
- 25th – 29th Sept ’18 – College Week on the theme ‘Dream work makes Team work’
- 17 – 22nd Sept ’18 – Mid Term Examination
- 20th September – One day faculty enrichment programme on SPCSS tools
- 14th September – Zero Hour for College Week
- 12th September ’18 – Legal Literacy Club organising Legal Awareness in association with Manipur women society.
- – Assembly Animation by B.Com 3rd Semester
- 11th September ’18 – Students wishing Vice principal Happy Birthday during the morning assembly.
- 10th September ’18 – Sixth Weekly Test
- – Division of groups and election of captains and vice captains for college week
- – Staff is around Vice principal to wish her Happy Birthday in canteen around 3.10 pm.
- 08th September ’18
- – Blood donation Camp by NSS in association with Grater Lions club Imphal and Jawaharlal Nehru Hospital
- – There was also Legal Awareness Programme and Tree planation
- 7th & 8th Sept ’18 – Two days web application workshop by the department of Computer Science.
- 6th September ’18 – Staff Meeting to discuss College Week.
- 05th September ’18 – Grant Teachers’ day celebration
- 03rd September ’18 – Fifth Weekly Test
MONTH OF AUGUST 2018
- 30th August ’18 – Prize Distribution for Independence day Painting competition organised by Campus Ministry.
- 29th August ’18 – Assembly Animation by BA History (5th Semester).
- 27th August ’18 – Fourth Weekly Test
- 25th August ’18 – Rural Camp Programme by Department of social work started in the village ‘
- 24th August ’18 – Morning assembly animation by Department of English on the theme ‘Replaying Shakespearian Plays’.
- 23rd August ’18 – NSS Unit is going around the college campus to raise fund for flood relief at Kerala
- 22nd August ’18 – HoD’s Meeting with Principal
- 21st August ’18 – Assembly animation by the department of Education
- 20th August ’18 – 3rd Weekly Test
- 17th August ’18 – Death of Former Prime Minister Mr. Vajpayee. College remained close.
- 16th August ’18 – Visit of the new Provincial of Dimapur Province Fr. Jose Kuruvachira sdb. Welcome Dear Father.
- – NSS Won the First Prize in District Independence day March Fast
- 15th August ’18 – NSS Unit & Rovers of the College hosted the Independence day Flag in the college at 7 am. The Chief guest of the function was Assam Riffle Commander and Chief.
- 13th Aug ’18 – Second Weekly Test. Last date to apply for CCC short term course.
- 10th Aug ’18 – Freshers’ Day Meet for Degree students at 9am and 11.30am for 11th Class Students.
- 08th August ’18 – Animation By Dept. of Physics on the invention of ‘Thomas Alva Edison’
- 07th August ’18 – Birthday Celebration of Fr. Ranjan
- 04th August ’18 – NSS ‘Cleanliness Drive’.
- 03rd August ’18 – Animation by Dept. of BSc 5th Sem (Zoology & Chemistry) ’10 things to follow’
- 01st August ’18 – Assembly animation by Music Club campaigning for their club.
MONTH OF JULY 2018
- 31st July ’18 – Animation by B.Com 5th Semester on ‘Demonetization’ during the morning assembly.
- 29th July ’18 – Campus Ministry animating the assembly expressing their vision and mission of their association.
- 27th July ’18 – Department of BSW 5th Semester animating on the theme ‘SAVE WATER’ in the morning assembly.
- New Batch of non formal course by DB Tech at HRC Started.
- 23rd July ’18 – NSS Unit had their Inauguration of their Unit.
- 20th July ’18 – Jesus Youth Inaugural Function cum Welcome to New Rector and Full timer Mr. Melwin.
- 16th July ’18 – AICUF Unit and Rovers/Rangers New membership registration have started.
- 14th July ’18 – Last date for the DB Tech Course at HRC (Data Entry & FS)
- 13th & 14th July ’18 – Orientation for 11th Class students by Fr. P.X. Francis and his team.
- 12th July ’18 – NSS Unit new membership registration have started.
- 06th & 07th July ’18 – Orientation Programme for the fresher’s by Fr. P.X. Francis and the team for two days.
- 04th July ’18 – College Reopens for new academic year 2018 – 19. The formal inauguration was held in auditorium in the presence of Fr. Sebastian Jose the new rector, Sr. Flora the new vice principal, staff and students.
- 03rd July ’18 – Staff Orientation Programme by Fr. Johnny – the rector and director of DBI, Guwahati.
MONTH OF JUNE 2018
- 01st June ’18 – College and 12th class is closed from today till 4th of July ’18.
- First Notice is given for the NATIONAL SEMINAR on 15 & 16th November ’18.
- 04th June ’18 – First Merit list is out for 11th Class admission and second phase of new forms are issued for 11th class students.
- 02nd June ’18 – Admission started for 11th Class students (especially for Don Bosco School Students).
- 14 & 15th June ’18 – Second Phase of admission for 11th class.
- 25th to 30th June ’18 – Readmission for the 3rd and 5th Semester Students.
MONTH OF MAY 2018
- 5th May ’18 – The Chief guest Honorable Minister of Education, Labour and employment Shri.Th.Radheshyam Singh, IPS – Government of Manipur for Farewell and Graduation Day.
- 8th May ’18 – Admission Procedure started with issuing of the application. The admission starts from 10th of May, Thursday.
- 9th May ’18 – University Exams’ Began today for the 6th and 2nd Semester degree students
- 10th May ’18 – Today there is Entrance exam, interview, verification of the certificates, meeting the principal and paying of the fees for new admissions.
- 11th May ’18 – Big rush for the admission. The most of BA, B.Com, BSW seats got filled. The rest of the programmes too getting filled as fast as possible.
- 12th May ’18 – Inspection to start PG Course (MA. English & Sociology) visited the college today with team of four from the University of Mainpur.
- 14th May ’18 – The Selection Exam for 4th Semester Began today. The third day admission is going on.
- 17th May ’18 – Fr. Verghese, the director of hostel was felicitated during the assembly on his birthday.
- 18th May ’18 – Staff Animation on the Learning Management System (LMS) by PIBM in Seminar hall around 2 pm.
- 20th May ’18 – Jesus Youth Committed Members made a promise during the Eucharist celebration on Pentecost Sunday.
- 21st May ’18 – The three Jesus youth committed students Mr. Stephen, Mr. Samuel and Mr. Mark of 2015 – 16 batch visited the college after their one year of voluntary service in Jesus Youth. Mr. Stephen shared his spiritual experience in the village near Bangalore in the morning assembly.
- 25th May ’18 – Mr. Michael Ananda Kumar, HoD (Dept. of Chemistry) got Married today in his home town. Fr. Principal, Fr. Verghese and a few faculty members were present to bless the marriage.
- 28th May ’18 – Started Issuing applications for 11th Class admission.
- 30th May ’18 – The filled applications of 11th class are returned to the college for admission process.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2019 – 20
MONTH OF JUNE 2019
- 01st June ’19 – Summer Vocation Began
- 21st June ’19 – Last date of the MU Exam
- 23rd to 03rd of July ’19 – Readmission for 3rd and 5th Semester Students
MONTH OF JULY 2019
- 3rd to 7th July – Practical Examination for Science Departments
- 08th July ’19 – One day animation for staff on ‘Ignited Campus’
- 09th July ’19 – College Reopens for the new Academic Year
MONTH OF AUGUST 2019
- 20th August ’10 – Felicitation for Rank Holder of 2018 – 19. The Chief Guest was Hon’able Minister of Parliament (outer Manipur) Dr. Lorho S Pfoze.
- 29th & 30th – Faculty Exchange Programme by Department of English
- 30th August ’19 – Assembly Animation by BSC 3rd Semester on ‘Impact on Social Media on Youngsters’.
MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2019
- 14th Sept ’19 – One day Staff Orientation Programme
- 16th to 23rd Sept ’19 – Mid Term Test
- 24th to 27th – College Week
MONTH OF OCTOBER 2019
- 02nd to 4th Oct ’19 – Spiritual Convention
- 05th Oct ’19 – Animation for Faculty
- 12th Oct ’19 – Blood Donation and Eye Check up Camp by NSS, Sponsored by Lion’s Club
- 16th Oct ’19 – Book Release of Dr. Imobi – Dept. of Economics by Fr. Principal
- 17th Oct ’19 – Staff Meeting
- 18th Oct ’19 – Guest Lecture Programme by Biotechnology Department
- 19th Oct ’19
- Marathon Race on Peace by Peace club.
- Field Trip to Imphal Science Exhibition by Department of Chemistry
- 26th Oct ’19
- Workshop on Pesco Act – by Dept. of Sociology
- Literary Rest – by
- 26th to 30th Oct ’19 – NSS Special Camp
MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2019
- 01st Nov ’19 – All Souls Day Commemoration for all the departed of the college.
- 04th Nov ’19 – Gospel Concert by Jesus Youth
- 05th Nov ’19 –
- State Level Inter College Debate Competition
- Two days Workshop on Fund Raising
- 11th Nov ’19 –
- Workshop on IPR
- Selection Exam started for 5th and 1st Semester UG Students
- 13th Nov ’19 – Mental Health Intervention Programme
- 18th Nov ’19 – First Inter Children Parliament Meet by Department of BSW at Mount Carmel High School
MONTH OF DECEMBER 2019
- 5 Dec – Selection Exam Began for all the students
- 13 Dec – Last day of the Class before Winter Holidays
MONTH OF JANUARY 2020
- 09 Jan – College Reopens after the Winter Holidays
- 31 Jan – Foundation Day and Past Pupils Reunion
MONTH OF FEBRUARY 2020
- 2 & 3 Feb – MocK Test in preparation for Competitive Exam
- 7, 8 & 9 Feb – Jesus Youth Members Retreat
- 19 Feb – Staff Enrichment Programme
- 26 Feb – Consultative Workshop on Unnat Bharat Abhiyan by Dept. of Computer Science
- 27, 28 Feb – Social Work Fest & National Science Day Celebration
- 29 Feb – Musical Fest by Innocent Eyes
MONTH OF MARCH 2020
- 7 March – Midterm Test
- 18 March – Convid 19 Lock Down started
- 23 – 31 March AQAR Preparation with Staff
MONTH OF APRIL 2020
- 09 April – Essay and Song Competition on Convid 19
- 13 April – Regular Online classes started for the students
- 25 March – Online Demo to Faculty Members on ZOOM App for Online Classes
- 27 April – Observation of World Book Day
MONTH OF MAY 2020
- 04 May – AVAYA Demo to Faculty Members for Online Class
- 11 May – Staff Meeting through ZOOM App
- 22 – 29 May – National FDP Webinar on ‘Outcome based Education’ by IQAC of the College
MONTH OF JUNE 2020
- 15, 16, 17 June – Alumni Webinar on ‘Let’s Talk: Success Story’ by IQAC of the College
- 18 June – Staff Meeting through ZOOM App
- 24, 25, 26 June – International FDP Webinar on ‘Teaching and Learning Convid and Beyond’ by IQAC of the College
ACADEMIC YEAR 2020 – 21
MONTH OF JULY 2020
- 8, 9 July – National FDP Webinar on ‘Research Writing Techniques in Social Science’ by IQAC of the College
- 15, 16 July – Online Seminar by Advance Learners on ‘Learn, Relearn, Reflect’ by IQAC of the College
- 21 July – Admission open for 2020 – 21