ORIGIN OF THE DEPARTMENT
The department of Economics is one of the leading departments with dynamic faculty members in Don Bosco College, Maram.
FACULTIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
|S.No||Name & Designation||Photo|
|1||Dr. Huidrom Imobi Singh, MA, HoD|
|2||Mr. Kamal Regmi, MA, MBA, & NET|
|3||Mr. Sangolsem Ronikumar MA (Economics)|
ACTIVITIES OF THE YEAR 2016 -17
1. WEEKLY ACTIVITY
The students of Economics were divided into groups like Adam Smith, David Ricardo and Karl Marx to have various activities on every Friday of the week. They have debate, advertisement, solo, storytelling, extempore speech, quiz, spelling bee etc. All the students were given equal opportunities to join in all the activities.
2. EDUCATIONAL & FIELD TRIP
December 19th to 22nd: The 19 students of Economics department went for the educational tour to Pokhara and Kathmandu (Nepal) under the guidance of Mr. Kamal Regmi. They visited Fewa lake, Bats cave, Devil’s falll, Narayanhiti palace, Swayambunath and Manakamana temple.
March 17th: The 58 students and four assistant professors of economics department had the privilege to visit Numaligarh oil refinery limited. They managed to go around the control room, gas cylinder storage and the wax plant.
3. SURVEY REPORT
The economics students conducted a survey on the topic ‘work participation among various tribes in Manipur’. There are 87 tribes in the college, out of which students choose 30 major tribes and did the survey. The result of the survey was:
- There are six to seven members in the family
- The 70% of the population engaged in agriculture and employed domestically.
- The income of the house hold is less than one lakh per annum.
- The income is not sufficient and regular as a result there is no saving from the income.
- The civil servants are handful in the state.
- The state of Manipur is still back – ward in economic growth and development while unemployment lingers on in every household.
- Eradication of poverty is one of the key issues that we need to examine today and we need to look for solutions as the future enonomists.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE YEAR
UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS
- N. Lokho – First Rank
- Ngaopunii Shevenai – Second Rank
- Th Salunii – Third Rank
- Kaikho Ashune – Sixth Rank
- H. John Gouliankhup – Seventh Rank
- Th Moses – Ninth Rank
- Guilianlin Jane Kahmei – Ninth Rank
- Mathew Kawa – Tenth Rank